This spring we are partnering with Keep Indianapolis Beautiful (KIB) to plant native trees (including native fruit trees) in and around Catholic parishes (and/or schools) and other faith communities. KIB will plant on site as well as in the area within a .2-mile radius of the church property.
This is a great opportunity to work with neighbors and other houses of worship nearby to plant trees in a common mission of caring for creation – and each other.
KIB will provide
- Free large native trees (minimum 12 trees per community)
- Watering, pruning and mulching for 3 years
- Necessary permits and marking of underground utilities
- Training and leading volunteers on planting day, led by KIB’s staff arborists
- Ideas for community engagement
Congregations are expected to
- Maintain the trees after the first 3 years
- Provide a small number of volunteers (if able) to help plant the trees
- Consult with KIB about tree species and locations
Trees are avaialable on a first come basis. Get started by filing out the application on the KIB website – kibi.org/trees.
Contact us at email@example.com for more info or help with the application!
How to plant trees, shrubs & wildflowers
Outdoor Prayer Ideas
Share your planting photos!
2020 Tree & Wildflower Extravaganza
Questions? Please contact us, we are happy to help. Our contact form or phone – 317-788-7581 ext 2 – are best!
Proceeds from the sale will go towards Creation Care efforts in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis.